Send email to add items to Dynalist

+1 Pleeeease add this. I’ve been Pro for sometime and am desperate for this.

1 Like

Use IFTTT or Zapier in the meantime?

1 Like

If this works, that’s excellent news!

… Any chance you could help me work out how to do this please? I’m on a Mac & not a programmer. Think it’s still possible?

Thanks for your help!!

Sorry for being so late but @BigChungus and @Keith_Crone should be able to help you, I think.

Is there an update on being able to email items to Dynalist without using third party integration?

1 Like

I’m wondering too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll add another vote for a simple implementation. I don’t want Dynalist to take over my email like Moo.do does. I simply want to be able to create an item with the email text as a note. This way, when I look at my daily agenda in Dynalist, I have context for meetings or tasks if I’ve emailed them in.

4 Likes

I’m presently not a dynalist full time user (sorry!) But I’m slowly considering a move over for some specific usage. I love the collaborative spirit here.

I’ve used many platforms like Asana, Trello Todoist etc and i believe that the best setup for this is actually Remember the Milk. I suggest that Dynalist look at the way they have it accomplished.

One email address brings any email to your inbox by default. However, using the subject line of the email can alow you to filter it into any section of your remember the Milk workflow and this can even include due dates start dates etc. Ex;

Subject: bill payment
You add this:
Subject bill payment ^tuesday 9am (hashtag) bills

I added the word hashtag so it doesn’t connect to your own sections here within the forum! Very powerful in my opinion. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Is this feature still planned for implementation? Didn’t realize this started way back in 2016…

1 Like

From: myname@myemailservice.com <which dynaList has registered so they know it’s me>
To: inbox@dynalist.io
Subject: [optionally specify document] content of root node
Paragraphs of stuff. Converted to DynaList following same process as currently used for pasting from RTF/HTML

1 Like

Yes it is.

2 Likes

** Edit: This is an edit on my own comment. Assume then it’s possible to just do something like this on the initial post? **

Yeah, also surprised this request/inquiry start in 2016 and no clear answer.

@Erica New user in trial here…

One, email to Dynalist is a core feature I’d use.

Two, this thread is exhausting! If there’s a way to have a status update at the top of the thread would be super helpful. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! We don’t do status updates for all the features because of all the competing and ever-changing priorities and the limited time and resources we have (we’re a team of two). I’m really sorry for your frustration!

This feature in particular will arrive soon, because we’re working on it right now. Unfortunately we won’t be able to do regular status updates for all the other feature requests.

4 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait!

This is a feature I am also waiting for a long time! And I hope it will not be limited only to sending to the inbox, but that with some “smart” formatting of the (for instance) subject line we can say where it is going to be sent and add tags and dates automatically. Workflows is what is really missing for me in Dynalist.

2 Likes

Hi there. I believe this feature is live as I found an email address in settings that I can email content to and have it show up in my document. I tried using this with Rocketbook, and while it will grab the contents of the OCR page through the email body, I don’t see the attached PDF anywhere. Is there an option to also include emailed attachments as files you can look at in the document when using this feature?

Thanks!

1 Like

This is no current plan for this, but I think it makes a lot of sense and you should go ahead and post a feature request for it.

My biggest worry is that we all know some emails contain a bunch of signature image attachments, but I guess it’s part of the user’s responsibility to not forward those things into Dynalist.

I’m sorry, where should feature requests be posted? Thank you.

You can post new threads under this category: https://talk.dynalist.io/c/features

Done.

Thanks!

2 Likes