Quick Dynalist - The native Android app for Dynalist

Ohhhh yea, same here - thatā€™s super weird ā€¦

Itā€™s because the search activity is also used to create links or find move to locations. So if you just open it, it returns the item to the calling activity.

I see. And thatā€™s different to the search shortcut, then.

Version 2.6.1 Introducing latex support.

1 Like

@Louis_Kirsch. Iā€™m particularly enjoying the widgets. I current have four on my phone for different areas I want to keep an eye on.

One feature I havenā€™t found yet is ability to edit notes. Currently, to view a note it seems you need to tap the item then go to the menu to ā€œShow item detailsā€. You can only copy the note. Iā€™m not sure either if thereā€™s a way to add a note. Let me know if Iā€™m missing something.

Iā€™m glad you like the widgets!

Go into edit mode for an item and then click on the button in the very bottom left corner.

If you have an idea on how to streamline this or make it more obvious let me know.

When you select an item, would it be possible to show the entire note? As there is only one item on the screen, there is usually plenty of space. After that, tapping on the note could then open up the editor.

Do you mean when you are within an item and the toolbar shows its contents show also its note below? I was considering implementing something like that a while ago. Iā€™ll consider looking into it again.

1 Like

Yes. At the moment, we only get the first line of the note. It seems a wasted opportunity.

2 Likes

Thanks for your app. Itā€™s very useful for me.

I donā€™t see folders management for now. It is an improvement we could see in the future ?

1 Like

Itā€™s a bit tricky to implement. But a few people asked for it, Iā€™ll consider what needs to be done.

1 Like

Hi Louis, thanks for working so hard on this app. It looks really interesting. I tried installing it today, but it seems stuck on syncing. It gets almost to completion but never seems to finish. I have a couple dozen documents.

Is there anything I can do to help it along? Or is there something in a document that can cause QD to get stuck?

Never mind! All I needed was patience. Looking forward to playing around with it!

Thank you. I will have a look whether we can make sync faster than it is currently.

Hi.
Iā€™m experiencing a problem with app : when I create a new item with date and hour, the element isnā€™t sync with Google Agenda.
For doing it, I must re-create the item on the website or in the dynalist app on desktop , or I turn off the sync with google Agenda then turn it on.

I believe sync is only happening periodically, and thus it may take 20 minutes or so to show up. But that should be the same for the desktop client as well. Any info on this @Erica?

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve read in support page. But I mean when I create a new item, date and hour is not synced, event after 1, 2, 6 or 24 hours.

I see. It might be a problem with the api then. Maybe Erica can tell us more.

I do believe it has worked for me though.

When I try to filter, I set the Date and nothing else, but nothing shows up. I leave location turned off as the only option in the drop-down list is my Inbox and I need to search in another file. If I set the date to ā€œAnytimeā€ everything comes up, so itā€™s clearly searching everywhere, but for some reason, itā€™s not finding the datesā€¦

1 Like

Can you please send me a screenshot of the filter screen?