Open in new tab, sorting, embedding, separators and other "improvements"

these colors didnt need to know any html hex codes, just #font + lavender / fuchsia, etc very useful

Iā€™m ok with that, I want to use DL for years, and I will maintain this script as long as it will be technically possible to use it. There is one drawback - itā€™s not working in desktop apps (so no secure offline work for fans of sorting etc). Maybe you can create in the future some native plugin mechanism (+ repository of plugins created and maintained by community, like IDEA and other IDEs are doing) inside the app?

1 Like

Thatā€™s what @Shida envisioned as well, but as you probably understand, it requires us to rewrite all of our code to make everything extensible. Probably rewriting some of our own functionality as plugins as well, kinda like Flarumā€™s design.

Also, I donā€™ think itā€™s possible to just copy paste your code into our codebase and call it a day (given youā€™ve given us permission), since we should use more native ways to integrate the functionality. As I understand the PowerPack, there are limitations you have to work around since you only have access to the global DYNALIST object. In any case, both the UI and the actual code needs to be rewritten before merging the code.

@Leonardo_Muzkiz_Ramo @Rodion_Y

Re: sorting, weā€™re thinking of making it a menu option with shortcut, rather than using tags.

Re: Kanban style, we actually have a different idea about how to implement it. What you did is more like what we call the ā€œsplit screenā€ feature, which allow you to work on different documents at once. iframe is probably the easiest way, but itā€™s heavy on RAM usage and such. The Kanban view we imagined displays children of the current list as panes, and the childrenā€™s children as cards in a pane, like Trello. In the Kanban view, you can zoom in as well to reveal the children of the grandchildren of the current listā€¦ not sure if that makes sense, but it still displays a single document/list.

@Piotr: congrats on making the most popular topic in the entire forum, by the way! :smiley:

2 Likes

wow I like that you and shida had already in mind how to implement these features (and even in a more optimised way ) :clap: :clap:
a real KanBan (trello like) sounds awesome

you can use whatever you want, ideas, code, ui elements, donā€™t need to ask me if you want something from my work in the future

I agree, what Iā€™m doing is basically hacking/playing :slight_smile: and experimenting constantly while Iā€™m learning JS, so itā€™s a mess right now.

There are, but after this month of playing with it I can do in code everything what I can do in UI, thatā€™s cool enough :slight_smile:

It makes perfect sense, I was hoping for that, I was using Notion before DL and the functionality of multiple horizontal blocks was great. With DL capabilities it will be even better!
Split screen + workspaces is also very useful feature, moo.do is doing this very well, I hope you will borrow this idea : )

thanks
and itā€™s only a warm upā€¦

:joy:

1 Like

I also switched from notion to dynalist!:joy:

One new small feature: Disable cycling through tag suggestions

installation / update: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/30048-dynalist-powerpack

guides and examples: https://dynalist.io/d/pTUCqlG4v4dv_5D1bK03Bz4P

Iā€™m using a ton of tags and I was constantly annoyed that I need to hit ESC or do other weird things to close popup with tag suggestions. With this feature enabled, the popup will be closed when you press arrow key up/down when you are at first/last position in this popup. #freecursor

This is perfect! Thank you!!

Youā€™re being humble! I took a quick look at your code and I think itā€™s much better than the average code I see online.

:thumbsup: :ship: :boom:

2 Likes

Just one small issue @Piotr . I find that the Tampermonkey script doesnā€™t load when I open up dynalist.io. I have to refresh it in order to activate the script each time. I donā€™t usually have this issue with other scripts. Iā€™ve placed it #1 in order of scripts. Do you know what might be happening?

1 Like

I know, the script is matched to dynalist.io/d/* instead of dynalist.io/* , but I donā€™t remember why I changed it to do that. There was some issues when it was matched to full domain, I will try to change it again, Iā€™m currently rewriting whole script so maybe it can be handled now.

2 Likes

I have same issue as well, I always have to refresh dynalist too

By the way, we recently refactored ā€œpopupā€ into ā€œmodalā€, so the DOM has changed. It might have broken your settings popup, just FYI!

1 Like

I donā€™t seem to be able to access the settings any more.

settings popup is working again https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/30048-dynalist-powerpack

1 Like

Woah, thatā€™s quick!

Piotr I canā€™t get jsfiddle.net embeds to work

codepen.io works fine though

with default iframe code provided by jsfiddle

I second the WOW for the nested Kanban and cards approach. Iā€™ve seen similar ā€œoutlinersā€ but did not leave Workflowy for them, as I have, pretty much, for Dynalist. The energy behind DL and the creative and collaborative thinking towards both a common goal and customized per-user usage is quite encouraging.

1 Like

@Piotr I wonder if a recent update to Dynalist broke the formatting options in your script. #border and #bg no longer seem to work. It may be something to do with the ā€œ:ā€ character.