Link Sharing Security Shares Whole Account

Steps to reproduce

MyFiles > (my Structure) Websites > Client1
MyFiles > (my Structure) Websites > Client2
Etc.
I click Get Link while in Client1, share in a different browser Iā€™m not logged into to see how it looks for a client, the client can click Websites to see all Clients then look at each client, the shared link should set the share to the folder its shared from as root

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?
When I share a link from Client1 e.g.
MyFiles > (my Structure) Websites > Client1, I expect that shared link not be able to go back any further than Client1, but it goes back to Websites when Im not logged in

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?
Sharing a link gives anyone I share it with access to see everything from MyFiles

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Win 10
Which browser are you using? Logged into Chrome, tested shared link on Firefox & Opera
If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist? not tested on mobile
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? No, just Dynalist paid

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like

Additional comments

Are you sure you arenā€™t clicking Share on the MyFiles folder?

Are you sure the folder isnā€™t publicly shared?

If you click Share only on document Client1 then the resulting link will not allow someone to explore elsewhere.

I couldnā€™t reproduce what you described.

1 Like

I suspect the confusion here is that you want to share a node (bullet point item). Dynalist does not support that. You can only share an entire document, or folder of documents. Nothing more narrow than that.

Youā€™re not the first person to complain about it. Itā€™s one nice feature which Workflowy has that Dynalist does not.

I see ā€œGet Linkā€ in the screenshot. What that does is make a link which automatically zooms to a particular node. It doesnā€™t affect sharing, which is done by right clicking the document (or folder) in the left sidebar.

1 Like