Steps to reproduce
- Have setting on to Hide “checked” items (i.e., completed)
- Zoom into parent item, with children or otherwise.
- Complete item by pressing Cmd-Enter
- Observe it’s still displayed, crossed out
- Navigate to parent, item is still displayed, despite the setting
- Similar to Workflowy, I expect to be navigated to the parent item automatically when I’m zoomed into a child and I complete that item
- But even if I have to manually navigate out for some reason, I expect to have the item not displayed anymore when you navigate back to the completed item’s parent
- Stay in crossed out item, pointlessly
- See crossed out item in parent, even though it should be hidden
macOS Chrome Version 62.0.3202.62 (Official Build) (64-bit)
If the reason is to allow the user to accidentally undo the item completion, that can always be done with Cmd-Z instead. The much more common use case is completing items you actually want to complete.