Using Tags breaks up text at start of bulletpoint

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

You can see in the gif above, that I have a tag at the start of the bullet point, which had 3 lines. When I cut+pasted at the end of the line, it only had 2 (as intended). Then I repaste back to the beginning, same error occured

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Text was supposed to be 2 lines long, not 3 lines.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

text was 3 lines long

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Windows and Chrome

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

see first link

Additional comments

Can’t replicate:

• I typed the tag
  • Then cut it
  • Then pasted it

Could it be that your tag is coming from automation scripting software like AuthotKey or PhraseExpress? It does happen that an invisible control character is copied sometimes when you make the scripted shortcut

I had this same problem when writing tags out manually as well, I’m not sure what the root cause of the issue is

I only noticed this issue today though

Hi @Vincent_Tang, sorry for digging this up :grimacing:! We’re cleaning up the bugs and would like to know if the bug is still happening to you? If not we’ll close this bug :slight_smile:

nope I don’t notice it anymore

1 Like