Tags sometimes include trailing spaces and merge with words

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

as you can see here, my tag merged with my generic texts. I only started seeing this today, never had this problem before

When clicked on, you can see that its treated as one singular tag

All I have on here is a color mod using CSS, but it wouldnā€™t change the functionality of clicking the tag and getting a whole string in the search bar

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

I expected just a tag by itself

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Tag merged with the trailing space after, and words afterword connected to that trailing space

see below

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist?

windows and chrome

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Could that be related to my theory that these tags come from scripting automation?

I noticed this issue occur when writing manual tags though too, when I had used ā€œ@tagsā€ which I write all manually

Hi @Vincent_Tang,

Looks like thereā€™s an invisible space (non-breaking space) after the first tag (#W11A). If you delete that part and re-write it again, it should work.

Itā€™s not easy to type a non-breaking spaceā€¦ did you copy that from somewhere?

Weā€™ve patched our system to fix this, but if you want it to work you can manually rewrite it. Sorry about that!

well this was what I was mostly using, this phrase express line (and its settings)

does this nonbreaking space have anything to do with carriage returns or linefeeds?

or ascii control characters (1-32 values)

Was just curious so I could learn more about it

Yeah, that sounds like it. Basically any character thatā€™s invisible to the eye.

Weā€™ve patched it though, so you can keep using your script in the future just fine. No need to modify it.

1 Like

does that also resolve the other really similar post I made at same time? (using tags breaks up text at start of bulletpoint)

Erica I still have problems with this still

Both this thread issue, and Using Tags breaks up text at start of bulletpoint

We havenā€™t released our fix yet, is that what youā€™re talking about?

ah okay yes that answers the question

Sorry about the confusion, Iā€™ll update in this post when itā€™s released. Thanks for the patience :slight_smile:

Update: this should be fixed now in the latest version.