Windows app (Win 7) only showing blank window

fixed

Steps to reproduce

Launching Dynalist Windows app, online or offline, in Windows 7

Expected result

App launched, synced, and worked fine since initial install. I didn’t use it for a couple of weeks and when I tried it today I got a blank window. Uninstall/reinstall/reboot didn’t help.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?
Dynalist opens a completely blank window. After closing this window, Task Manager shows that Dynalist is still running. Killing with Task Manager and relaunching doesn’t help.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?
Windows app 1.0.1 on Windows 7

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

I see this too. I would only add that after installing I only got as far as a screen asking me to login and taking me to the Dynalist login page. Then the blank window mentioned by the OP. The app never synced once, nor did I once see any GUI elements.

Hi guys,

Do you guys still experience this in the more recent versions?

Nobody seems to report the blank screen problem now, just want to make sure it’s gone.

Hi Erica,
Works fine–I’m using Dynalist right now! Thanks for fixing this.

Thanks so much for confirming, such a relief! :slight_smile:

Works fine now for me, too. Thanks!

I’m getting a blank screen in win 10

If all your data is synced to the cloud, please try the following:

1. Make sure local data are saved (you can export local unsaved changes to OPML or plain text using the “Export” option in the item menu);
  2. Exit the desktop app;
  3. Rename the following folder “data” to “data-backup”
    Windows: %APPDATA%/Dynalist/dynalist/data
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Dynalist/dynalist/data
    Linux: ~/.config/Dynalist/dynalist/data
  4. Restart the app.

Dynalist windows app launch blank

Hi Erica thank you for getting back to me.
I’ve tried what you asked for and it still comes up blank.
Btw I also have the app installed on other laptops and it works fine so far, only on this particular desktop.