Top result not the default when navigating with ctrl+o

Steps to reproduce

Press ctrl+o, start typing the name of a location in your Dynalist

Expected result

Top result is highlighted, if I hit enter, I go to the top result.

Actual result

A result several spots down the list is highlighted, I have to hit the up arrow key several times to get to the top result.

Environment

Latest Chrome, Windows 10.

Additional information

This only happens sometimes. I have no idea what triggers it; only that once in a while it starts happening and screws up my attempts to navigate. Of course, now that Iā€™m writing a bug report, itā€™s not doing it, but Iā€™ll try to capture next time I see it. Itā€™s been happening for a while, though I donā€™t have a record of just how long.

Additional comments

I see what it is now. When my cursor is near enough the top of the screen and the drop-down list is long enough, my cursor hovers over an item, even though Iā€™m not touching the mouse. Dynalist then highlights the option under my cursor rather than the top option.

This is pretty confusing because I usually donā€™t even know where the mouse cursor is - it disappears when Iā€™m using Dynalist. Then when I ctrl+o the cursor seemingly pops back into existence and highlights something, but I donā€™t know ahead of time whether itā€™s going to do this.

Would it be possible to make the cursor appear and highlight things only if it has moved after starting a search, not as soon as the search is initiated?

Oh, I see itā€™s the same this this bug report:

Hi Mark, Iā€™m happy to see that you figured out the cause of the issue on your own, nice detective work! :male_detective:

We hope to work on this in the near future. Going to close this as duplicate, thanks for taking the time to report this! :slight_smile:

1 Like