Sync between mobile and desktop/web app not working

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.
I used the iOS app export feature to export a link to inbox. The link is there in the iOS app but not in the desktop or website.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?
I expected it to sync.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?
The inbox document in iOS app has the link but the website app doesnā€™t have any link

Environment

Which operating system are you using?apple
Which browser are you using? Chrome
If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist? 1.3.6
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? No

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Personally I think that is similar to my problem described hereā€¦

ā€¦because the Inbox was one of the two files that seem to have lost the ability to sync.

Yup, weā€™ve received several reports for inbox captures not syncing - still investigating that, but we got it tracked.

I had this happen to me. It happened when I had done two inbox captures. The first one didnā€™t sync until I edited the text and forced another sync.

So just to get more data points - Does changes to the inbox document sync if you edit normally afterwards? And does that end up syncing the previous unsynced inbox capture, or does it leave it unsynced, but syncs the new edit?

So I just did a test on my phone.

1. Add a link from the share extension to my inbox
  2. Add another link
  3. Launch the inbox and refresh
  4. Launch the website in Chrome on my laptop.

At this point only the second link I added shows up, not the first one. So I edited the first link by adding some extra text after the link. Hit refresh. Still nothing. Now I moved the second link below the first link in the outline and hit refresh again. Finally it shows up on the desktop.

1 Like

This is now be fixed in the upcoming mobile release! For details of the issue and the fix, see Lost Data from iOS (related to sharing extension)

1 Like