Stuck with dark theme

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

Launch Dynalist in browser with theme set to ā€œDefaultā€ in settings.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Expect that Dynalist should have a white theme.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Dynalist is displaying with a dark theme. It is not possible to get a light theme when selecting all the different theme options in the settings.

Environment

Which operating system are you using?
macOS Catalina 10.15.1

Which browser are you using?
Google Chrome

If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist?
N/A

Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack?
No.

Additional information

Iā€™ve been using Dynalist for a few months now with the ā€œDefaultā€ theme selected in my settings, and have always had the light theme. However, since yesterday Iā€™ve been stuck with the dark theme after not changing any OS theme settings or Dynalist theme settings. I am not able to change the Dynalist settings to get the light theme back.

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Image of default theme selected, but still displaying Dynalist with a dark theme.

Additional comments

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that I am not using any Chrome extensions like ā€œDark Readerā€ to make webpages have a dark theme.

Having the same issue and really want it resolved. Also posted in this ā€œHelpā€ thread:

I think this might be caused by an update to Dynalist to respect the OS setting, as mentioned here.

This feature is actually pretty nice. However, it seems that they just check the OS mode and override the Default theme with the Dark theme. Since they didnā€™t keep the original Default theme as a separate Light theme which does not get overridden, it makes it impossible for users with dark OS mode to get the (old default) light Dynalist theme.

It shouldnā€™t be too difficult for them to add the Default theme as a separate Light theme option that doesnā€™t get overridden by the OS mode. @Erica seems to be pretty responsive, so I think theyā€™ll realise and start fixing it soon, if they havenā€™t already.

1 Like

Just realised that there is already a discussion about this issue in this other thread. They have reached the same conclusion.

Seems like an issue with the OS dark theme detection override. Weā€™ll fix soon!

2 Likes

Yeah I am having the same issue. Very annoying. Please fix ASAP :slightly_smiling_face:

Having this issue, too. Only Sci-Fi and Christmas themes keep their original color, others are all ā€˜dark themeā€™.

1 Like

Thanks Shida! I appreciate the quick work and all yā€™all do.

+1, having this issue too.

+1, having this issue as of 10 minutes ago. Not used to using dark mode in Dynalist and itā€™s really affecting usability. Hopefully this can be fixed mid-release-cycle.

Weā€™re fixing it asap and deploying it before EOD today.

2 Likes

Fixed and deployed. A page refresh should be enough to get it!

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like