Retain Manual Sort Order - Workaround: sort alphabetically respects numbering

Hi,

Dynalist should “remember” the manual sort order, so that using the auto-sort feature would not “erase” the manual sort order. This is especially useful for organized knowledge notes, ie: like on the proepedia exemple, allowing the writer to see their most recent modified notes, for example, but still keep the information organized by reversing to the “manual sort”, after the editing session is finished.

A work-around would be to change the alphabetical ordering, so that it respects numbering.
That way I could implement a “manual” sort order, by putting number on the titles, so that I could use the auto-sort features, for my notes, ie by mod date, without losing my manual organization. After using the auto-sort, I’d just use alphabetical order and the notes would “revert” back to the manual sort order.

The sort items in alphabetical order should respect number order. Right now, it sorts like this:

1, 10, 100, 2, 20, 200, 3, 4, 5, 6 …

Should be:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 20, 100, 200.

A workaround I use for sorting by number is to prepend 0s to the numbers, e.g. 01, 02, 03, … 10, 11, 12.

I tested on Windows, and it seems like in Windows 10 file names are sorted as you described. I believe this is the current “natural sort”, which is more intuitive. Windows used to sort file names purely alphabetically, but I can imagine they must have gotten lots of complaints about it!

Yeah, but that doesn`t really solve it. If I expect to write more than 100 notes, then I would have to prepend 01, 010, 0100 …, otherwise 100 would come before 20