Quick Dynalist - The native Android app for Dynalist

Hum, you could set night mode always on in the developer settings. I can check later what the recommended way of dealing with this will be since the release of Android 10.

If you change your locale (i.e. device language) then it should format the date according to your region. Or would you like to format dates differently from the default in your region?

Unfortunately there is no night mode in developer settings, because it is in the battery settings due to being amoled, but it is already turned on (as dark mode) Also the tags and links are strange because they are written with black text on dark grey background, so they are barely visible (in the widget)

My phone language is english because of reasons, but the region is still hungary and it seems tha date format is driven by language rather than region. So it seems I cannot do anything about it.

Hi Tamas,

Can you take a screenshot of the widget being rendered weirdly?

Thanks!

Hi Louis!
A phone restart solved the rendeing issue, but since then another one came up.
I had to “reset” quickdynalist, because it stuck in syncronization due to api key change.
Since then if I want to use voice input if I click the Mic button on the dialog it only recognizes english words, but if I open voice input from swiftkey it works with hungarian text aswell.
Before resetting quick dynalist it did work with hungarian text from the dialog flawlessly.

The swift key voice recognition is not from Google I believe. You might have to go into your phone settings or Google settings to add Hungary as a recognized language. Quick dynalist has no control over it I believe.

Swiftkey uses the same voice recognition based on the appearance, and Hungarian is as primary language, but somwhow quickdynalist voice input shows English (Hungary) please see the screenshots here:

The API issue is still a problem. It can take me weeks to get synchronisation working. It’s wonderful when it succeeds, so it’s worth the wait. But it can be frustrating initially.

I have scheduled a bug fixing session for this weekend so I can finally get a grip on this. It’s gonna happen, promised!

3 Likes

Can’t thank you enough! :pray:

1 Like

@Philipp @Kevin_Murray
I have rewritten the entire syncing algorithm.
It now uses the new versioning API from Dynalist and should be faster and more reliable.
I have also upgraded the database I am using which may resolve some issues.

The inbox is also more consistent now by either using your tagged #primary #inbox or automatically detecting your configured inbox and setting the tags for you. I completely avoid using the inbox API call now because it resulted in not being able to show added items consistently.

Please try out the new version in the beta channel https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.louiskirsch.quickdynalist

Let me know whether your issues are resolved.
Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

Works beautifully now. Thank you :clinking_glasses:

Works reliable and blazing fast. :100: Finally my main widget on the homescreen works like a charm again. Thanks! That seemed to be quite a productive session, are you doing this professionaly?

I have updated the setup process. If someone would like to try it out (beta channel), that would be very helpful!
Also the default screen is now the list, not the dialog. The dialog can now be reached using a shortcut.

This is what it looks like

4 Likes

Always have this issue.

Thanks for letting me know.
This has to be a problem with the API then, I am not in control over the calendar sync feature. Can you look into this @Shida ?

Meanwhile this issue have been fixed by itself, so my only issue left is the white widget. Any Huawei users running Android 9?

There’s an issue about it already Dynalist doesn't sync new item create with 3rd party apps and Email to Inbox - Calendar appointment markup does not work

Sadly I think it’s unlikely to be fixed soon but hopefully we’ll get to it.

So just to clarify: you have enabled dark mode both in your settings and nova launcher?

Yes, see it attached, these are the only options I have:

1 Like

I tested the new onboarding workflow and for me everything worked fine and looked nice.

I am using QuickDynalist on a daily basis so if I experience any bugs I definitely will tell you :grin:

1 Like