Quick Dynalist - The native Android app for Dynalist

Oh, I totally agree that if you just take occasional notes throughout the day, you may not want it on the screen all the time. It should be something to turn on/off, like in OneNote. It has a specific use case: capturing multiple sidenotes while reading long documents or watching lecture/talk videos.

1 Like

@Anna I have not had the time for a custom implementation but I realized this app can create a floating shortcut to any app

Thanks @Louis_Kirsch, I’ve just tried it and it does do the job.

1 Like

This has become the most used app on my phone, mainly for saving quick notes. The widgets are great in principle, but I can’t seem to refresh them and when I open them up, they don’t always update. Is there a way to force this?

At the moment, the Dynalist links seem to take you to the web browser. It would be great to stay inside the app, or go to the Dynalist app, if possible.

I happened to find a shortcut on the Quick Dynalist app button that forces a synchronisation. Trust @Louis_Kirsch to have thought of that. Now, the internal links…

Fellow QD users,
thanks to the updated API we now have colors in QD! Testing will take place in the beta channel over the next few days (https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.louiskirsch.quickdynalist). Please help me and try it out.

Changelog 2.4
New features: :art: Colors are visible in Quick Dynalist! :label: Tags are highlighted and editable while typing.
Bugfixes: Users without Dynalist Pro can also use the primary inbox by adding #primary #inbox to an item of their choice.

Regarding @Kevin_Murray

This is an issue with the Dynalist app @Erica @Shida, please upvote Handle Dynalist link in android app
EDIT: Oh, I might have misunderstood you. You mean links within an item that refer to dynalist are not opened within the app? That would be a bug. Can you give me an example?

Currently we can not detect whether your Dynalist has changed upstream. But as you have noticed, there is a manual sync shortcut! In case you haven’t noticed, you can drag this shortcut to any location on your homescreen.

1 Like

Nice improvements with colours and tags. Yes, I see that the issue of Dynalist links is outside your control.

I can’t find actions to complete or delete items. That would help usability greatly.

Delete : swipe right
Complete : make checklist in top right corner menu

1 Like

Version 2.4.1
New features: Showcase Quick Dynalist for first-time users & Open Dynalist links in Quick Dynalist.

1 Like

Leaping ahead @Louis_Kirsch :genie:

Introducing dark mode for midnight ideas!

Can be enabled in the settings.

For Android pie you can enable dark mode according to the time of the day in the developer options. In this case, the dark mode is even applied to the widgets.

3 Likes

The night mode is impressive, but so are the images. How do you get them to display like that?

1 Like

Thanks! Put the images in the note and make sure you have ‘Allow others to have access via link’ enabled.

Thanks for your great app. It is so fast and convenient to add texts into Inbox quickly through only one tap.
I have a question that how to quick capture a picture through Quick Dynalist.

1 Like

Thank you Sahmoli. Adding images and files is currently not possible due to API limitations. @Shida has told me that he is planning on extending the api for that purpose though. Of course this will only work with Dynalist Pro.

1 Like

This is real fine tuning, I know, but with Evernote the shortcuts can become individual widgets. I’ve just discovered the wonderful Voice Item shortcut. It would be great to access that more quickly than long tapping the current shortcut widget. Same with the Quick sync, which I have to do regularly. Is there a way of making separating them?

1 Like

Just drag the shortcut to your home screen!
This guy shows it in his video right in the beginning.

2 Likes

Amazing. That’s good to know.

When I try to place a Quick Dynalist shortcut in the Notifications Shortcuts app, I get this.

How is this not what you have expected?

The shortcut type doesn’t include sync or voice item.
This is the Evernote equivalent.

This is by no means a criticism. It’s awesome as it is. But if you’re interested in the finer details, this may be an elegant extra.