Product discontinued?

No. We’re all using it right now. Such a sensationalist headline phrasing… This misconception has been discussed a lot in No monthly blog update since November. Are the team ok? - #7 by Erica ,
Are you staying with Dynalist? - #11 by Alex_Avenarius , etc

Just a couple weeks ago they jumped on a bug as soon as people mentioned it in discord and fixed it “Ok I made a fix on the server side - can you guys give it one more try?”

They’ve also mentioned that Dynalist is dear to their heart as their first real business. I doubt they’d abandon it. But I have daily automatic dropbox backups either way.

Agreed.

That doesn’t matter to me if it’s so great right now. If something better comes along in the future, I’ll use that. Markdown is extremely easy to move between apps.

They did clearly commit to that. I’ll link below.

Where? Did you report it to Send Feedback - Dynalist ?

Thats a hardware limitation. The reason dynalist feels so snappy is that it loads the entire document into RAM for fast access. This requires you to have a powerful enough CPU to do javascript on it all. If your document is slowing down your computer, upgrade your computer. Other services may break documents into smaller pieces and stream them to you but that introduces latencies. I would prefer dynalist stays as it is, so I can do massive document search filterings on the fly. My documents have never gotten so big that it slows my computer, personally. If you’re a data hoarder I suggest splitting up your documents into managable sizes for your hardware.

I find the combo of discord and forum extremely responsive compared to other online services.

“dead end product” - but this is a tool not a netflix series. Is your toaster a dead end product? I use what works best for the job today, today, and use what works best for the job tomorrow, tomorrow. I don’t pick a second-best product because it promises lots of “feature updates” in the future. The future isn’t here. It’s not like I’m locked in - the markdown export takes 30 seconds. I will always use the best tool today, even if it was created 50 years ago.

Company Statements and such…

Profile - Shida - Dynalist Forum

We still maintain it and make sure it’s working, but we’re currently not actively working on new features for Dynalist