[Pro] Recurring tasks

Google calendar has a very nice feature. example I try to use on-line banking for all my bills. My comcast, vz, utilites, vary a bit. So I set up an auto pay to pay for roughly that amount and my online account pays. I will reconcile this once a year on +,-. Difficulty was posting auto pays to my expense system. I set up a gdoc with all the estimated payments. Then in gcal I set up a recurring event (recurs once of month) . once a month I am reminded to post these bills. works for me (YMMV) Incidentally I do use gcal for all reminders of future events. Caveat… I adhere to a “minimum” email inbox protocol.

1 Like

Another person hoping this can be implemented so I can drop Apple’s Reminders app

1 Like

Please add recurring tasks with repeat after complete option.

1 Like

Mind elaborating a bit? Like it will automatically uncomplete itself and move the date to the next one?

I could see it working something like this:

• :black_square_button: My task !(2017-08-09) +daily

When I check off “My Task”, it completes but then the app creates a sibling task with the new date:

• :ballot_box_with_check: My task !(2017-08-09) +daily
  • :black_square_button: My task !(2017-08-10) +daily
3 Likes

:heart: http://orgmode.org/manual/Repeated-tasks.html :heart:

1 Like

Looks good and in line with that we’ve been imagining as well.

1 Like

Came here to voice my interest in recurring tasks. I am experimenting with using Dynalist as my GTD task manager and would like to set up recurring tasks for things that I do on a regular basis.

3 Likes

Hi Folks, yes repeating tasks would be very useful and really helps manage the todo list like nature of some of list people create in Dynalist.

1 Like

Dear all,
Is there any date to have this feature available?
It’s a key factor to consider for me

Thank you

No specific date that we can tell, sorry!

It will be implemented when higher priority bug fixes and features have been done.

Hi Erica,

Love the weekly of the updates by te team but missing new BIG Features like Repeatings tasks almost an year waiting for this, please give it priority.

Thank you

Is it me but i find that this year nothing BIG as new Feature is coming to DynalistHQ, you guys still Rock are you preparring something big and will we see this after your semi vacation.
Love to use the tool, but on my iPhone and iPad i can use still an better UX despite the latest fixes and tweaks.

Yeah, we have been working on API before and during the semi-vacation.

But you’re right, recurring task is definitely another important feature that we should work on next! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Erica,

I only was looking at the Milestones in Q1 and Q2 in 2018 looks from the Outside that there less Development in new Stuff compare to 2017 Q1 en Q2…

Looking forward to your API and hopefully it make recurring tasks possible in this year, this feature is holding me to completly uses DynalistHQ as my main GTD System plus an native iOS version is also very handy for getting more people using it properly on Mobile

1 Like

Hey guys, is there any update to this feature?

1 Like

Yep Really like to know if this Next Big Pro feature after release of the API,this important to use the App as my GTD Task Management Replacement

Cheers
Dimitry

1 Like

Would also really like to have this feature.

For me personally this is a feature that makes Pro sub a very sensible buy.

2 Likes

No updates yet, sorry, but we’re considering doing this soon, after the API alpha release and maybe after sorting functionality.

Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Hi Erica,

Looking forward to the API and what this mean for possibilities for us as user and hopefully than will room to develop an trick to make repeating tasks work well in DynalistHQ

Have a nice weekend

Cheers
Dimitry

1 Like