[Pro] Capture to inbox

Details here: http://blog.dynalist.io/inbox-capture/

5 Likes

Erica does this only work for end of document only?

could I have this set to move the latest item to start of document

1 Like

Not yet but we were considering it, wasnā€™t sure how many people who need this option :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find moving items to the start more intuitive, since when i open a document I want to see the newest items first

3 Likes

Great Thanks working for me perfectly :slight_smile:

Thank you! Itā€™s one of the most useful feature.

Wow this lifts Dynalist to yet another level. Brilliantā€¦

I agree adding to the top of the list would be my preference.

This is wonderful, good job guys! I agree about having an option to determine list location (top, bottom) ā€¦ I also think you could easily add to this some other ā€˜pinnedā€™ send-to locations which could happily sit below the input box just like with the move dialogue (you are already probably planning this) ā€¦ so enter would always default send to your inbox for rapid entry (this would be pinned top) but you could also use the arrow keys to cycle through e.g. 3 extra locations to quick send to there, just like the move dialogue? Awesome work as always!

Thanks for the wonderful ideas, guys!

Added two polls and please participant if youā€™re interested:

1 Like

I see Inbox is getting closer on Desktop apps, but not fully there yet (I can use the shortcut but canā€™t actually set an inbox on an item).

My comment however, is regarding the ā€œhelp dialogā€ which pops up if no inbox is set. In particularā€¦

And then in settings I see:

Rather than being bounced around for the setting location, having the first error/info dialog with the correct location would be better.

[Edit:] Correction. I do see it is all in place. I was trying to active it from the wrong location. I thought I had to Right-Click in the file pane (for the document) to set inbox, rather than the particular Itemā€™s menu. [/Edit]

You mean like showing the instructions to set inbox location in that error dialog?

Yes, right now the error box, if I try to save to inbox before an inbox is set, says to go to Settings - Your Inbox. When I do that, Iā€™m directory to set it from the item menu.

Seems it would be less confusing / less ā€œjumpyā€ to say ā€œYou havenā€™t set an inbox location, you can change this an the item menuā€ (or something of that nature), rather than saying to go to settings, where I canā€™t actually set that value and get different instructions.

Hmm, good idea. Weā€™ll do that!

Are there any plans to add tag autocompletion to the INBOX capture screen? It would allow a natural way to still capture ideas, etc, while using tag completion to quickly classify on the fly!

1 Like

Yes, that would be nice! We still need to add that to the search box too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope this can be prioritised soon? Inbox capture is more important than search, as one quickly wants to capture a thought and get it into the system in a frictionless manner. Else, one is still forced to go into the document anyway and tag it up later.

Roger that!

It doesnā€™t ā€œcompeteā€ with auto-complete in search though. When we fix this, these should all get fixed at the same time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see you have bumped todo up for autocomplete on the search - hope you will do this one at the same time :slight_smile:

Itā€™s done! Available now in the web app and coming to the desktop app very soon!

2 Likes

Wow Iā€™m stunned :slight_smile: thanks

1 Like