Pasted images too low resolution on OSX

Steps to reproduce

Take screenshot to clipboard on OSX (cmd + ctrl + shift + 4). Paste it into dynalist.
Take screenshot and save to file on OSX (cmd + shift + 4). Upload it to dynalist.

Expected result

Both have a brilliant resolution, just like in any other app.

Actual result

The pasted image is really small and fuzzy (looks like half resolution).
The uploaded image has high resolution.

Environment

Browser: ‘native’ app 1.0.44

As far as I know, we do not compress the files uploaded to Dynalist at all. We don’t make low-res thumbnails either. It could be either the screenshot itself is low-res, or your browser makes it seem low-res?

Do you mind uploading both the screenshot and the uploaded image?

The file itself is low-res. Half the resolution:

Pasted

Uploaded as file

I tested the same functionality in Google Chrome just now. When I paste the image from clipboard there I get the full resolution:

So seems to be an issue with the native app.

Seems to be an issue with the outdated version of Chrome we’re using. I did some research and found this: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=355477

Looks like they fixed the issue in May 2017, and we haven’t updated our app shell in quite a while. Just to clarify we never intentionally compressed it on the desktop app. If it helps, please use the web app for now and we’ll see what we can do about it.

1 Like

Update: we recently upgraded Electron and also Chromium, and this should be fixed now.

Could you please confirm? @Louis_Kirsch

@Louis_Kirsch: last call for confirming, thanks! :slight_smile:

If there’s no reply I’ll close this next week, as it seems fixed during our testing.