List reverts to really old version, but version history shows correct

Steps to reproduce: Nothing. Simply looked at my list one morning, and saw the below…

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

Expected result - well, I expected to see my ‘To Do’ list as I left it the night before

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Actual result - the list itself is displaying a really old version of the list (I’m guessing about May of 2020). But if I look at the version history for the list, it is correct.

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Windows 10
Which browser are you using? all of them :slight_smile:
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist? Dynalist 1.4.2.
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? nope.

Additional information - Here’s 2 screenshots that clearly show the problem…

!

Dynalist - CriSys ToDo anomoly 2|281x500

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

This is the second screenshot. Compare contents to above (and no comments about how far behind I am in my To Do list!)

And here’s a bonus screenshot showing what Version History thinks the current version is - which is correct, and that’s the version I need to work on. How do I get it back?

Hmmmm… When I say I want to export the most-recent Version History as OPML, the content shows correctly.

Update: I wanted to capture all this before I tried any ‘restore’ activities, in case the strange display mysteriously disappeared. Having documented it, I did a simple OPML export of the list, create new list from OPML file, and it’s restored, as good as new (apparently; it’s a long list…)

Still, there’s obviously a bug of some sort, that could easily cause someone a heart attack. Please find it and squash it before anyone dies.

Thanks!

Ah looks like I’m too late - was going to ask if the same list is the bad version or good version if you open it in the browser. That could tell us if it’s a local corruption issue or if it’s a sync issue.