Link with title or just the link when inserted with "[["?

Do you want link with title or just the link when inserted with “[[”?

• Just the link (title will automatically show and live update when rendered)
  • Use the current title (title won’t live update; this is the current behavior)

0 voters

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who voted!

Be sure to subscribe to the Poll category if you want voice your opinion in more polls :slight_smile:

Live update has to be really fast also when a lot of references are used. The slow/delayed rendering was a reason for me to move away of just using links.

Jan, the slow update seems to have been fixed in a recent update. Raw links to Dynalist items update live as I edit the target text.

2 Likes

Live update ftw!

Being able to see the title, with either of the two options, is very useful. My use case for having the current title included is as follows.

I may refer to an item (item A) in item B. Sometimes I need to move item A to some other places, which should be fine if the ID of item A does not change. However, if the ID of item A changes, e.g. when converting item A to a separate document, I can no longer go to item A by clicking the link given in item B. In this case, if the title of item A is still there, I can search with the title to locate item A.

Still, it would be great to have the title and have it updated, as sometimes one may change the title of item A.

3 Likes

I would love to have a similar feature for normal website links. That means if I enter a url, not the whole url should be displayed but the tittle of the URL.

E.g.:

or something like
%Title
renders as
Link with title or just the link when inserted with “[[”

That’s what I use these extensions for (either one can generate proper dynalist markdown with title and url)

#links

• Most importantly, what anyone wants with links are the links themselves
  • If the links has worthwhile info, then that info should be summarized into your notes/information database

Live updating (of anything) would be helpful/useful for selected use cases, and it’d be a minor nice to have if all apps had live-updating features, some types of apps much more importantly than others. Haven’t seen this automation much in various apps, or even many websites

For links though, Chrome extensions takes care of this topic for me

Pwease

Which Chrome extensions? I can’t figure out what to search for in the extension store. Link updater?

In my use case, were the link title has useful information picked up by API, live update will be useful.

I think they meant these Link with title or just the link when inserted with "[["?

Search dynalist in the chrome store

1 Like

I have found the link search function is inadequate. (It might suffice if I employed a system of specially naming important nodes.)

Consequently my process is Find and Visit the target, Copy, Back, Paste. And lucky me, that method doesn’t give the markdown, just the URL.