Keyboard shortcut to open node menu

Pretty much what it says on the tin. Sometimes you just donā€™t remember the shortcut for a specific action, so a shortcut to open that nodeā€™s menu would be amazing.

I like the idea, it also requires being able to use Up and Down to navigate the menu, otherwise that would default the purpose.

1 Like

Totally. Iā€™m sure this did go through the minds of creators at Dynalist but Iā€™m wondering why it couldnā€™t be that while the menu is open, the Up and Down navigate the menu instead of navigating the nodes.

This is a nice idea. What if then as well as up and down, you could use numbers to pick the right option (1 for the top option, 2 for the next etc) ? That would make this a bit more speedy, although then people might get annoyed when you add a new option and all the shortcuts change :smiley:

1 Like

It would, but I donā€™t see how that would be in any way a bad thing. Keyboard shortcut to open, focus is on popup menu, arrows navigate, esc dismisses menu and refocuses on bullet. Should be good.

1 Like

Wait, weā€™re talking about the item menu, right?

Thatā€™s my understanding of this topic. Item is also called ā€œnodeā€ by some people so I assumedā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, whatever the individual bullets are called.