Item order sometimes changes after syncing


#61

If that’s the case, it means the local copy (the one in ~/.config/Dynalist/dynalist/data/) is corrupted. It has the wrong ordering.

After you deleted the local copy, a fresh copy was pulled from the server, which is correct.

So my guess is that basically, a diff was generated, but was interpreted incorrectly by the app, and the wrong order is saved in the local copy of data…


#62

I’m getting similar issues.

Here is Dynalist opened in the Windows app and in Chrome side-by-side. Here just one item (“class 3 - 3 problems”) is in the wrong place, but sometimes I open Dynalist on my work computer (Windows app) and see things I wrote at home last night (also Windows app) totally messed up.


#63

I’m continuing to get this error. I type a list on my laptop, open it a little later on my desktop, and the list is in a different order. This is a critical failure of a core functionality of the software. I’m really hoping for a little more responsiveness on this.


#64

Since I experienced this error once I could not reproduce it again. And the Dynalist devs haven’t been able to reproduce this on their devices and thus could not investigate.

But you @Mark_Eichenlaub seem to be able to reproduce it and can help!

Please make an extra dummy dynalist document and try to reproduce this error in it.

Then go to the dynalist data files on the computer with the
wrong ordering. The path should be like this:
"C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Dynalist\dynalist\data\TdWBb9gaaxKEgezpLm8XwcOm\"

In this folder you see a “.data” file for each of your documents and those data files are just text files with your document data and full of meta-data. They have cryptic names like
"document-~L5NBmXXEzHkkkpDVe6SgGF9Y.data"
and if you open them you should see something like this:
{"nodes":{"version":3,"user_version":0,"available":true,"nodes":[{"id":"root","meta":"{\"c\":\"bacon\"}","collapsed"

Find the data file for the “corrupted” dummy dynalist document; you can search the data files for a text string you know is in the dummy document.

Just send this file to Erica or Shida. I’m sure they will learn from this “corrupted” file.


#65

I’ll try, but so far it happens a lot with lists I actually need to use, and doesn’t happen with test lists I create.