Item/document name not always showing up in "Move item" popup

Steps to reproduce

Move an item.

Expected result

The ā€œMove itemā€ popup appears and shows some recent locations youā€™ve moved items to.

Actual result

The ā€œMove itemā€ popup appears but it only lists the document path, but not the actual item/document name which should appear above the path.

This doesnā€™t always happen, but Iā€™ve seen it a couple times on mobile now.

Here is what it looks like when the item/document name does not appear (personal details redacted):

Here is what it looks like when the item/document name does appear (personal details redacted):

Environment

Android native app.

1 Like

Do they happen to be in other documents, or does it happen to same-document results? I canā€™t seem to repro on my end so itā€™d help if you can find some patterns.

All of the suggestions are from different documents. I can repro pretty consistently on the Android native app. It seems to happen right after loading the app (fresh open, not in memory) before opening any other document. If I open one of the documents from the suggestions it then populates the move menu when I try it again (from the original document). It seems like itā€™s likely a lazy loading issue? It seems that ā€œjust waitingā€ does not solve the issue, as even if I leave it open for a minute the results never populate, I have to actively select another document to get them to load.

I see, it does sound like the other documents arenā€™t loading into memory which is causing it, but as far as I remember, if it doesnā€™t find the item, it wonā€™t show up.

Is it possible that all the suggestions youā€™re seeing are document roots and not a sub-item of the document?

The suggestions shown are folders, not document roots, so they are invalid ā€œmoveā€ locations. If I start typing in the ā€œSearch for item to move underā€¦ā€ and then hit backspace to clear the box the results are loaded properly. So it doesnā€™t even seem document loading related, but more specifically a bug with rendering the suggestions for the very first time. I can repro the issue 100% of the time I load Dynalist fresh (not in memory), regardless of what document I start in.

Iā€™ve reproed on both Android Chrome and the native Android app. I would share a video capture but it includes personal data as I canā€™t control what appears in the suggestion box. I can email the video capture to you directly if that would help, just let me know where to send it.

I can repro now, will investigate why thatā€™s happening.

2 Likes

Can confirm this is now fixed.