Actual result

10-15 seconds to launch and Load
30 seconds to sync
5 seconds to enter a bullet point

Environment

Iphone 6
IOS 10.3.2

Additional comments

The IOS app has been launching slow and then takes a long time to sync. When it does sync and I can enter items, it is going slowly. It has not been running well.

The same issue was happening during the IOS Beta.

do you know what works???
I use the navigation in a web browser in the smartphone!
fast, and furiousā€¦ (well, a lot faster than the app)
try Puffin Browser (dont know if its good on chrome too but maybe!)

I had the same issue during the beta and now. The sync is an item-by-item update of changes that generally takes between 30-90 seconds to complete, depending on how many changes have been made since the last time I opened the app.

@Shida has a plan to fix this soon. Right now changes are applied one by one, after the fix they should be applied at once.

Great. Thanks @erica and @shida!

Yep, we have a plan to fix this. Unfortunately touching anything thatā€™s related to sync is not easy, as weā€™ll need a lot of time to verify that it works well before shipping it so that we can minimize potential errors that cause data loss.

2 Likes

Hi @John_Maxwell, sorry for digging this up :grimacing:! Weā€™re cleaning up the bugs and would like to know if the bug is still happening to you? If not weā€™ll close this bug :slight_smile:

Hey Erica - Iā€™m now thinking that the syncing was slow because of my bad cell reception where I am.

However, I have found that after I launch the app and it syncs and I attempt to move down the list, the app crashes. If I try to re-launch the app, I get the ā€œNo document is openā€ screen and it is very hard to hit the menu options to go back to my main document.

Sorry for the late reply!

Thatā€™s terribleā€¦ :frowning: Does it happen consistently, i.e. happens every time you launch Dynalist?