iOS app looping on start

Steps to reproduce

Anytime I start the Dynalist iOS app, it loops the loading page non-stop as shown in the video. Dropbox link, login not required.

Expected result

The loading page usually finishes and then shows my Dynalist content.

Actual result

Loading page loops non-stop.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? iOS
Which browser are you using? Browsers work fine and show all my content like normal.
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist? The most recent one in the App Store as of March 13 (1.4.11).
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? N/A for the app.

Additional information

Sometimes, it shows an empty set of bullet-points. A couple times, content displayed. Once, I was able to open the menu via the top-left. Those were all brief and replaced by the looping loading page.

I’ve deleted the Dynalist app and reinstalled it but the looping still occurs.

All of my content is available via the web, so this isn’t urgent.

Guess: Maybe the app is having a problem with a particular document. Is there any way to make the app choose a different Dynalist document?

Additional comments

Hmm it looks like the app is crashing which is often due to out-of-memory issues. Safari should work better since Apple allows Safari to use more memory than regular apps do.

What you can try is to open another file on your web client (this will persist the opened file flag), then un-install the app and re-install, which should then be open to the other file.

Let me know if that helps!

That worked, thanks Shida! Good to know a trick for persisting the opened file in the app.

FYI, I do use Safari on my iPhone, and the same large page loaded correctly inside the Safari browser but looped the app. After I indented ~50% of the content (via a sub-bullet), the app loaded the document without looping.

Thanks!

1 Like