How to keep Expand and Collapse status when sharing and collaborate with others?

as describe

2 Likes

I don’t know of a way. Maybe this should be a feature request?

@Kenneth_Aar is right, currently there’s no way to do this on the mobile app. Good candidate for as a custom toolbar option though.

??? I’m not aware this is possible on any platform – desktop or mobile. Whenever I share with others, everything is expanded on all platforms. I agree it might be useful to determine whether this or that item should be expanded or collapsed when sharing with others.

(As to mobile toolbar candidates, to me, those would be: italic, bold, hyperlink, cut, paste, copy, select text…) :slightly_smiling_face:

@Alex_Avenarius @Kenneth_Aar:

I’m so sorry! It seems that I misunderstood the question. I thought you guys were asking about expand/collapse all.

There has been a few posts about collapse state in shared documents, most prominently this: Collapsed state of shared documents

Thank you, Erica. I’ve just replied to that other thread. Having everything fully expanded when sharing isn’t always convenient.

1 Like

Actually @Erica I am able to expand and collapse all on mobile by adding it to a keyboard shortcut. Just have in mind it can take a while before the app reacts.

Yes, that’s right. The shortcut still works, but the menu option is not visible.

Hello @Erica, @Shida & everybody !

I am currently curating a list of performing arts shows integral video recordings, confinement edition, and sharing it through a document via Dynalist, of course ! :slight_smile:

I have an annoying problem though : people experience the list in a full expanded status, which is very bad for them in term of UX, as most of them don’t know the tool at all !

I already tried to unshare the document, put it in the expand/collapse status i want, then share it again, but it still appears full expanded for anybody who click on the link.

Do you have any clues on how to solve this, please ?
Meanwhile, i did some pedagogical content in the first item of the list, so that they understand the main principles of the tools, and find the general “collapse all” function/

Thanks very much, take care,
Damien

1 Like

The shared lists all default to expanded right now, sorry about that. Next month we’re planning to roll out a few tweaks that can help with this. Stay tuned!

That’s a smart workaround for now. Again, please stay tuned for the changes in the next few months, thanks for the patience!