How do I delete tags?

answered

I’ve seen that supposedly ALT-Click will delete tags from the tag pane, but it doesn’t seem to work here. I’ve got piles of old tags attached to older list items; I’d like to clear those out, but can’t seem to find a way? On Mac OS.

Thanks!
rich

bump…

Just wondering if anyone has heard about progress on deleting tags globally. I’ve stopped using tags because without ability to easily delete, it becomes sort of a mess.

Other than that, Dynalist is the absolute best!

bump… any word?

Ctrl/Cmd+Alt+Click for individual tags

hmm - that just pulls up a rename box. What am I doing wrong?

thanks!

I’m not on a Mac. Try Alt+Shift+Click

Nope - doesn’t work. Oh well - thanks for trying! I guess it’s time for Dynalist support.

Its just Alt+Click, but you cannot be focused on that line ie. cursor elsewhere. Sorry, just realised you are referring to the tag pane.

In the tag pane, right click and choose “Rename”. Rename it to empty. This is faster than deleting them individually, but it only works on a per-document basis.

In other words, only for the tags under “Document tags”.

I hope that helps!

That’s useful to know. Thanks Erica.

Can’t help feeling that solution is a bit unintuitive though . Maybe a right click option to delete would be helpful? Also, a global delete option? Personally, I have some tags which have a long life, and others which are more tactical and only used for a short period, so the ability to delete all instances easily would be welcome.

So frustrating! Doesn’t seem to do anything; I right-click (or ctl-click, or alt-click) the tag I want to delete, but I don’t get a rename - I just get the Firefox contextual menu. Mac OS Sierra, latest version of Firefox.

You have to right click on the document tag list in the tag pane. Doesn’t work on the all tags section.

Yup - that’s what I’m doing.

Ok, I agree it’s kind of hidden and hard to discover without asking. Will add to our todo list.

OK, it appears that Firefox has contextual menus dependent on right-clicking; as I understand it, for devs with pages that need right-click functionality the devs are supposed add code to disable Firefox’s contextual menu in those areas.

A screenshot might be better:

Does this work for you?