How do I delete tags?

This is painful. Deleting individuals #tags

1 Like

I believe this behavior is specifically overridden to show what Erica posted in the screenshot before your post.

Just tried to repro this but I seem to get exactly what Erica is getting (the “rename” menu pops up).

Do you see any errors in the developer tools console when you right click on the tag?

Well, no errors on right click, there are a few errors that show up on loading Dynalist and they’re included in the screenshot attached. This behavior is identical on two different machines (Macbook Air and Macpro) and two different OS’s (El Cap and Sierra).

I can’t seem to figure out what could be causing your issue as I am unable to reproduce it on my end. I’m using the same version of Firefox as your screenshot.

The only difference I can think of is my test machine on macOS High Sierra, and the fact that I have no add-ons installed.

I’m restructuring my lists and using a much simpler, intuitive way of organizing my life on Dynalist. Part of that is a new tag scheme.

I want to wipe out my old tags so they’re not cluttering up my tag pane and screwing up my scheme.

Most of what I’m reading here doesn’t solve that simple thing that we need to do: Clear away the old tags.

Can we get this please? (the ‘hidden feature’ using undocumented keystrokes that only clears document level tags is not it) thanks!

1 Like

what is a document tag as opposed to all tags.
i go to the document that has the tag i want to delete
and it is still not a document tag

this sucks, have to do one at a time :cringe:

how about -is: #tagname
how to search for all items in the current doc except for those with certain #tag?

i see its -#tagname

Click the hamburger next to any item in your document, and click Replace. Type the old #tag to be replaced. Replace with nothing, Or with different text at your whim.