Feature request (macOS): when in the middle of a note and press down on keyboard, should go to end

This is standard behavior across apps. For example, go to a web browser , type some text, move the cursor to the middle, and press the down arrow on your keyboard to see what I mean

Down arrow just moves the caret down to the middle of the next line of text, at least here in this text box. But I get what you want. On MacOS you press command-right arrow to go to the end of a line of text. That works in Dynalist, as long as you didn’t reassign the hotkey.

Actually I was referring to a single line input. In a multi line input pressing the down arrow should only take you to the end of the line if you are on the last line

Nobody’s dynalist document is a single line though, is what I mean. I think most prefer that down arrow goes to the next line (node).

I’ve never pressed down arrow to go to the end of the last line, that seems like a quirk of hitting the end. How often are inputs limited to a single line on Mac? Command-right seems the universal way to do it.

Good point and I just realized I need to clarify what I asked for: when you are on the last item on the screen (e.g. last item in document, or last item in zoomed in section) then I’d hope pressing down would take me to the end of the line, like in this box I’m typing in right now

I guess I was so used to writing things linearly (top to bottom) that I’m often at the bottom of a document or zoomed in section

1 Like