Fast way to send a smartphone photo to your inbox?

Sometimes a to-do item is visual. Has anyone hacked together a easier method of getting a photo item into your dynalist inbox?

I still plan on adding this feature to my quick dynalist android app. Was not available to find the time yet though…

Don’t think there’s a way. I assume you meant a way to do that without going into Dynalist, is that right?

Sharing file to upload to inbox can be a feature request, if that sounds good to you.

2 Likes

It’ll be nice if it had IFTTT recipe options, cause this could make it easier. Perhaps even eliminate the need to program it.

1 Like

Dynalist does work with IFTTT, but the trouble is IFTTT can only pass public URLs, so it’s not a secure method to add images to dynalist.

I did discover that you can add images with the Dynalist app, by pressing the paperclip icon, and selecting camera. It works well. I didn’t realize you could do that when I posted this question.

2 Likes

If you want to use IFTTT with dynalist, there isn’t a channel called dynalist, but there is a channel called webhooks which supports any generic REST API endpoint, such as dynalist API. I wrote a guide here Add to Inbox via IFTTT

3 Likes

Hmmm. Camera didn’t pop up as an option for me, but it gave me a list of all my photos - so very similar. I’ll have to play around with this.

I think there’s a lot of strange linking - nothing consistent or predictable, but stuff out there nonetheless. I have an android packing checklist app called PackPoint, and it gave me the option to send a link to my checklist to my Dynalist inbox. I’d be happier if it sent the whole checklist, but I’ll take it - and it was the first time that I have seen Dynalist as a sharing option.