Effect of Ctrl+= and Ctrl+@ (on a French azerty keyboard at least)

Hello Dynalist,
I happened to hit Ctrl+= under the Windows application, on a (French) azerty keyboard.
And it increased all font sizes.
When I tried to hit Ctrl+= again, in the hope of a toggle or cycle of the sizes, it kept increasing…
Luckily I discovered rapidly that Ctrl+@ would set the sizes back to their original dimensions.
However, those two features do not seem to be listed or described in the Help, or did I miss it ?
Cheers,
JFH

I think it’s a browser thing, you should be able to see the same behavior in your web browsers.

The Windows app is a wrapper around a browser core in order for us to reuse as much code as possible, so that our small team can maintain support for 6 different platforms. As a result, what works on a browser also work in the desktop app, unless we decide to disable it because it becomes too troublesome.

In the case of increasing/decreasing font size, some people actually find it useful, so we never disabled it.

I hope that’s helpful!

Hello Erika,
Thank you for your answer.
Although it does not exactly match the keys of my keyboard it must be it: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96810?hl=en
Making everything bigger or smaller is useful indeed.
Perhaps some warnings or even links to the browers’ help pages would help too.
Thanks for all the great work,
Jean-François

Yes, it also provides more granularity than Dynalist’s own large/medium/small font size settings.

That’s a good idea, thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like