Dynalist android app pans back to cursor after manipulating another list

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

On android mobile, place cursor in an item. Then scroll down / up and minimize / maximize a list.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Screen focus remains at current location.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Screen focus pans back to cursor location.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist?

Official android app.

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Hopefully thatā€™s clear - not sure how to make a gif to demonstrate :confused:

Additional comments

Just that this makes for a very frustrating mobile experience sometimes

1 Like

Expected result

The position of the screen remains, where I Expand or collapse the line. So I can learn the information I need or copy it. Example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cji15m5pkw8&feature=youtu.be

Actual result

The position of the screen instantly scrolls to the line where the cursor is positioned. Because of this, I do not have time to look at the information from the branch that I deployed. Example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_vODTByS7s

2 Likes

This bug was reported around a year ago here:

Sorry to say that we havenā€™t gotten around to fixing it yet. The bug is a low priority compared to others so our engineers set it aside for later.

This bug makes dynalist really frustrating to use on mobile. ive been trying to put up woth it for weeks but this bug is so infuriating, it makes the app impossible to use. if you fix this then iā€™d move my lists from workflowy and upgrade to premium and id be really surprised if other users dont feel the same. please fix this urgently.

Any word on when this will be fixed? Iā€™m running into this issue multiple times a minute when editing a document on my phone. Itā€™s very annoying and time consuming and seems simple enough to fix on the dev side, so I donā€™t know why this has been put onto a low priority. It makes the android app really frustrating to use and slows down my editing of documents by a significant percentage. Please could you give an explanation for why this is such a low priority task.

2 Likes

I agree with Chris. Itā€™s very uncomfortable. When will you be able to fix this bug?

1 Like

Sorry for the late update, this should have been fixed a while ago.

Could any of you confirm? Thanks!

1 Like

Yes this works fine now, thanks Erica :slight_smile: