Can't see which boxes are checked in Sharing Options

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

1. Right-click a document that has been shared
  2. Click on Manage Sharing Options

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

For a document thatā€™s visible via a link, the respective option that enables that should be visible.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Nothing is checked, but the documentā€™s still blue (and works with whatever it was set to before).

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist?

Chrome/Win10

Additional information

This doesnā€™t appear to affect the desktop app, fortunately.

Wait, itā€™s not possible to share a folder via link, is it?

1 Like

Youā€™re right. Fixed; thanks.

I think the behavior is expected here. Being blue means itā€™s shared, just with no one at all. We donā€™t want to assume the user wants to share it with someone or share it publicly when he/she starts sharing.

Not sure if that means sense?

The black ticks donā€™t appear in the checkboxes for when a document that was set to be viewable and/or editable by anyone with a link to it.

Iā€™m so confused. Are you using the steps you posted originally? In that case itā€™s expected that nothing is checked.

If you manually checked the checkbox and came back later to find the checkbox no longer checked, that would be a problem.

Iā€™m really sorry about the confusion.

What youā€™ve described in the second paragraph is what it is.

Edit:
This is how it looks like on the web:

(Also on the bottom, it fills an email of someone Iā€™ve last shared a document with, whereas on the desktop, itā€™s blank.)

This is how it looks like on the desktop app:

I think I get it now.

Youā€™re talking about the out of sync sharing options between web and desktop, right? I thought you were talking about using the same platform all along, which is also why I couldnā€™t reproduce the issue.

Files syncing do need some work on desktop, so Iā€™m not surprised. Restart the app and the sharing options should be synced (I could be wrong though).

I think hereā€™s a better way to summarize it.

Letā€™s say some millennia ago I made a dynalist document and enabled it to be visible and editable by anyone with the link.

By around the time I posted this forum post, I had checked the documentā€™s sharing permissions and saw that the permissions to make the document visible and editable were not ticked.

However, when I tried loading the link link in an incognito tab. I was able to do both.

So I opened the desktop app to see if it was affected as well, which fortunately it wasnā€™t.

But on the browser, it still shows that itā€™s unchecked, even though Iā€™ve never changed the settings.

I hope that makes sense. I originally included too much info in my OP that I thought might be helpful, but wasnā€™t.