Calendar entries not synching

In regards to this the settings UI of calendar notify isnā€™t the best and this could possibly either be because the ā€˜show past eventsā€™ or ā€˜show all day eventsā€™ arenā€™t ticked (also thereā€™s an option buried away about which calendars get shown) - however a key bit of information for me is whether the events are showing up in other google calendar apps? Is it just calendar notify thatā€™s an issue?

Yes, those options are ticked and the events are missing in other calendar apps like Up To, though visible in Google.

Mmm how odd! Ahh actually Iā€™ve just checked and all day events arenā€™t showing up for me either (I had only been using it for specific timed events), so I think this is a general issue, not specific to your situation - I remember @Vincent_Tang (?) or someone talking about an oddity in the way all day events are handled by dynalist (i.e. set to 00:00 or something, Vincent? Or am I thinking of someone else?)

You might have been thinking of this post I made: (About disabling google calendar sync if time stamp is current time)

Unrelated issue though

1 Like

Ah, maybe :confused:

Thanks for reporting this issue!

So the calendar item is visible in Google when viewing the calendar, but itā€™s not visible in the ā€œUp toā€ view? Is that correct? And whatā€™s the ā€œUp toā€ view? Sorry not a Google Calendar power user hereā€¦

ā€œUp Toā€ and ā€œCalendar Notifyā€ are two of the calendar apps that draw on the Google calendars. They may have more strict rules about showing events without a ā€œconfirmedā€ end date.

Ah, I seeā€¦ do they support other all-day events like holidays and birthdays?

Yes, they do.

Thatā€™s weird. I tried comparing a Dynalist-generated event and a manually generated event. They look the same to me, and the only difference is the pink shade. The ā€œAll dayā€ checkbox was checked too. Not sure why they behaved differentlyā€¦

Iā€™m not a coder, but perhaps thereā€™s a difference in the way Dynalist might populate the end date and how it happens manually. I notice that using Calendar sync for all day events with ActiveInbox also leaves the end date pink.

At least I canā€™t tell the difference with my eyes since they look the same.

Any ideas, @Shida?

Might be because of the way we set all day events to start and end to the same timestamp. I could try to shift it by a day, or a millisecond and see if Google Calendar likes that better.

I imagine if you shift it by a day it will become a two day event, no? Maybe the millisecond is a workaround for oblivious Google.

1 Like

Hmm, seems like all-day events created in Google Calendar has start and end dates that are exactly 1 day apart! Iā€™ll make changes on my end and itā€™ll go out sometimes later.

2 Likes

Confirmed that this is indeed what Google Calendar needs: (no red background)

This should now be applied to all newly synced items.

1 Like

This seems promising. But Iā€™m still seeing the red background with new items. Iā€™ve refreshed Dynalist.

I just realized my commit didnā€™t make it to our last deployment. Iā€™m making a new deployment right now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response to this, you guys are the best!! :slight_smile:

Forgot to update on this, it should work in production now! :slight_smile:

@Kevin_Murray @Stephen_Dewitt

2 Likes