Backup Keep Edit Date

Today I try something with Archive and when it went wrong, I decide to redo everything and import a backup. To my surprise, the copy does not save the original edited date. I would like to suggest that the backup keep the original edited information.

P.S. I also send an feedback request for document retrieval. Please help. Thanks.
Update: Thanks for the quick help, I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Thanks for the feature request! We should definitely output the creation/last edited date in OPML and also import it.

2 Likes

Sorry for reopening this old thread, @Erica, but I’ve been meaning to ask the same question:

To make an educated guess, adding meta-information to the OPML is relatively easy, but honoring it in an import is likely far more difficult since it’s generally easier to pull information out of a system than to modify it.

I understand wanting to do this right and maintain parody between exports and imports, but IMHO it’s important to include all meta-information (especially dates) in the OPML backups regardless. From a user perspective, I’d be far more understanding of a message explaining that imports are still being improved, than to realize all too late that my backups were missing data that I had been counting on.

It’s not very urgent to me, personally, but that’s only because I’m a [student] developer; before I began to invest time/data in Dynalist, I was careful to confirm that the API responses included creation dates. I wrote a shell alias that updates my local [JSON] backup and commits/pushes it to version control. But I don’t expect that solution to be pragmatic for most of the friends and family who I’ve encouraged to use Dynalist.

Thank you guys for all your work on this platform!