API for inserting items into document should return new item ids

After inserting an item with /doc/edit we currently have to query the entire document to find out the new item id. It would be great if this was included in the request response.

Thanks

2 Likes

Maybe to give some context: currently there is no simple strategy to insert an entire subtree of items.

This should be a rather simple thing to change. Any chance this could happen soon @Shida? Would love to make use of that feature!

Edit: The same problem applies to the inbox endpoint.

Agreed this is problematic and a big oversight on our part. We already have this bug tracked from another report and we’re still discussing on the best way to fix this.

I’ll look into having this prioritized. I believe we can have it out by end of Feb, possibly much earlier depending on our current travel schedule.

2 Likes

Thank you @Shida, the earlier the better. My new app update depends on this :wink:
We have drag & drop, editing, deleting items & widgets coming up.

@Shida In case of moving items to a different document also changes the item id, we should also get the new id in response to that request.

We’ve added the newly created item IDs in the response, see https://apidocs.dynalist.io/#make-change-to-the-content-of-a-document

Sorry for the delay in our responses, our team is currently on travel out of country.

3 Likes

Let me know if this does the job!

2 Likes