ALT- <- and ALT -> for navigation in MacOS desktop not working

Confused :confused: Here is image of what I see in the menu.

Yeah, I tried clicking on the ā€œNavigate backā€ and ā€œNavigate forwardā€ buttons, and they do work.

I have found that I can only use the ā€œNavigateā€ command if the document is not focussed for editing. So either I have to click on the side pane, or use something like CMD-O ESC to lose the focus. Would be nice if there was way to lose the extra keystrokes.

In that case you can just click on the backward/forward buttons on the top left corner, that sounds faster.

I do, but ideally one should be able work using only keyboard, without the mouse, as that is oftentimes much faster. Would like to see Dynalist as super-efficient solution! :wink:

This is related to the need expressed in Recent file in File Finder as well. Would like to rapidly navigate between recent files using keyboard only, something like CMD-TAB to move around stack of recently visited items.

Neither Ctrl+Left/Right nor Alt+Left/Right work for me and I would love to see this implemented, as I use keyboard shortcuts a lot.

Yes, I definitely agree. The options in the ā€œViewā€ menu does work, but for some reason the macOS system has intercepted the Ctrl+Left/Right shortcut (I think to switch workspaces?). We have to look into how to bypass that or switch to another shortcut if nothing works out.

It would be great if we could customize shortcuts in a future version of Dynalist!

1 Like

As a Pro user you can already do that for most shortcuts in Dynalist! Itā€™s available under settings - keymap. Unfortunately this shortcut is more of a system shortcut and we donā€™t provide customization for it yet.

Hi @Wayne_Smith, sorry for digging this up :grimacing:! Weā€™re cleaning up the bugs and would like to know if the bug is still happening to you? If not weā€™ll close this bug :slight_smile:

Hi Erica,

I downloaded the latest desktop app to be sure, but the alt arrows do nothing :frowning:

Added this to our new tracking system, hopefully weā€™ll get to it soon!

Hi @Wayne_Smith,

Sorry for the super late update. Recently (back around beginning of April), we changed the go back/forward shortcuts on the desktop app to be the consistent with the browsers.

Now you can use Cmd+Left/Right to go back and forward, when thereā€™s nothing focused. If youā€™re focusing on something, you can now use the Esc to remove the focus.

I hope that helps! If you could kindly confirm that, Iā€™ll mark this bug as fixed.

Thanks @Erica works for me!!

1 Like

Thanks for confirming!

Thanks @Erica, I thought I was going crazy until I found this thread. It is quite annoying that one has to first hit Escape for Cmd-Left/Right to work. Is there any chance to make it work all the time, either viewing or editing? Should a new thread be opened? Thank you

I donā€™t think so, unfortunately, as Cmd-Left/Right is for manipulating the textā€¦ donā€™t really want to override that :confused:

Ok, thatā€™s how it is then :slight_smile: thanks for the reply.

EDIT: deleted my remark, it was bogus, sorry. :zipper_mouth_face: