I honestly have no idea how I did it, but I somehow managed to delete ALL the notes within a notebook.
Unfortunately, because we’re unable to restore a previous version, I was at mercy of the version history. I’m super appreciative that I didn’t lose all my data (THANKS!), but I did happen to stumble across a few bugs that made this retrieval process more difficult.
These bugs are as follows:
- Unless every single bullet is nested under a single parent bullet (mine wasn’t lol), you’ll have to manually click each top level/parent bullet one by one. You can’t copy everything at once.
- Some formatting is lost, like Headings, Heading colours, and bolded bullets
- Comments are copied and pasted as bullets, rather then as comments. This messes up the indentation of subsequent bullets
- If you added a paragraph break within a single bullet, this formatting is lost and it’s copied/pasted as separate bullets
- On the web version, ‘copy to clipboard’ copies EVERYTHING in the view—including ‘back to version’, ‘indentation style’, ‘version history’, version history dates/email/name, ‘load more’, etc. Makes this function unusable, but fortunately, it works correctly on the desktop app!
MacOS Big Sur v11.5.2 (most up-to-date version)
Brave v1.28.106 (most up-to-date version)
Dynalist mac desktop app v1.4.9 (most up-to-date version)