An addition to the already existing Trello feature card https://trello.com/c/46l658SA, “True Offline Mode”. It’s a bit different.
What I want to be able to do
- I like the seamless sync function to all devices and the comfort it provides me.
- But, I’m starting to love Dynalist, and I’d like to use Dynalist to outline everything and anything.
- Thus, I would also like to use Dynalist to outline confidential or personal information.
- Stop! I am not comfortable sharing this particular type of information with any cloud service (for me personally: irrelevant of trust or available E2E).
So what now?
A SOLUTION IDEA
My “What if?” scenario:
- Dynalist has a secondary, local, on-device database. (I think more of a desktop computer here than a mobile phone)
- Anytime that I create a document, I could create it in “cloud” or “local”.
- I can easily move documents between the two databases. I do this via drag-and-drop, or a menu option.
- Since Dynalist already offers an export-and-backup feature, I won’t lose my data if my computer crashes. (…if I actually do the backups =)
Can you relate to my scenario?
Is this technically possible?