Yearly planner 2021

Inspired by @Daryl_Mander’s Yearly Planner Template, I created one for 2021 using Google Sheets, here.

The template is using ISO week numbers, where a weeks starts on Mon and week 1 of the year is the week of the first Thursday of the year. So for year 2021, Jan 1-3 fall on week 53 of 2020. Hope I got that right, let me know if I messed up.

Update: I changed the sheet from published to shared. You can see formulas now, which hopefully is enough to create a 2022 template when the time comes. Comments are not visible, unfortunately.
Update 2: Changed sharing from “viewer” to “commenter”. You can see the comments now.

2 Likes

It’s finally near the end of year… Hope 2021 brings something better :gift:

4 Likes

Thanks for doing this… but… how do I get it into Dynalist?

Have you tried selecting O1:Q437 and copy/paste to Dynalist? Does it make a flat list? I don’t know why, but if I paste to Notepad first, and then copy from there, then it gets pasted to Dynalist as a hierarchical list, as expected.

The notepad route worked. Many thanks: Into the New Year with a dribble of hope - Cheers and all the best!

Thanks very much for this. It’s not my usual way of tracking the year but so far I’m really enjoying it!

Thanks for this @rubaboo!

I used your gsheet template to help me shortcut the creation of my usual 2021 planner, and I updated my original post with a link to a copy-able 2021 dynalist planner over here: **UPDATED FOR 2021** Here's my Yearly Planner Template

(I made one small change to your template because in the dates I prefer to put a dash in between the month and the day e.g. mm-dd instead of mmdd)

I couldn’t figure it out either. Someone’s gotta mess around in the sheet.

@rubaboo I tried updating your Gsheet for 2022. I think I’ve got it working all the way up to column M. But the final adjustments columns from Column N onwards don’t seem to be updating, I think they are missing the formulas?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ln2lXGBf75VDf3I_wscc9cyo1m4Mxg-Z1qidvNR4paA/edit#gid=0

Sorry for late reply, I am not using Dynalist actively ATM. It seems Daryl took care of everyone’s yearly planner needs after all :smiley: . I just wanted to confirm, there are no formulas for Col N onwards, it is a manual “copy and drag” process, since I could not come up with a way to place month names correctly.

As noted in the comment in cell F1:

This is an approximation, you’ll have to drag month nodes manually at the end. If the first one is December, you’ll have to delete a number of cells to pull the rest of the months up."

Cols O-Q is where these manual manipulations are meant to take place, as described in the comment in cell O1:

Paste values from F-H columns, and drag months as required, also inserting cells in P-Q so every month is on a line by itself."

So yeah, the spreadsheet is only a crude tool that lets you create the next yearly template faster. It won’t do it for you. Cheers.