What is the difference between @ and # tags?

What is the difference between @ and # tags ?

2 Likes

Nothing and that the best part, you can define to anything you want it to be.

2 Likes

While @KC is technically correct, the two tag types stem from GTD (Getting Things Done) when working on projects. The # symbol is a label and you can have one or more per list item depending on how you want to organize it. The @ symbol is typically used once per item and gives the item a context or place. You can then filter on these accordingly. I recommend looking up GTD if you wish to learn more.

3 Likes

I like the GTD Use-Case of the “@”-Symbol. Maybe it would be nice to assign tasks to other Users in shared documents with it. For example “@Anna”.

1 Like

Any progress on this?

There’s nothing to progress. @ and # are just tags indicators.

Oh sorry, I was referring to what Philipp proposed:

The Use-Case of the “@”-Symbol to assign tasks to other Users in shared documents with it. For example “@Anna”.

Thanks

It’s not my place to answer but I have seen emphasis that DynaList is not aiming to be a task manager, and “assigning tasks” just isn’t on the radar. For your case, tell @Anna to search for her tag.

Thanks Alan! that’s a good workaround by the way…
I’m new to Dynalist and found it wonderful compared with other similar software, I didn’t hesitate a second to switch to it when I discovered some features…However I’m surprised mentioning /assigning is not on the radar being the collaborative a key aspect of the app