What actions would you like to have a custom shortcut for?

I donā€™t have any specific use case :slight_smile: Duplication with subitems is the most important, but I just sometimes need to copy and paste, or copy and move, item without subitems. There are different ways to do that, depending on where I currently am in the structure of document and if item is collapsed or not, and itā€™s always somewhat distracting for my brain to decide which way is faster when Iā€™m in the middle of brainstorming :smiley:
With workflow like that:
have a cursor on the item -> hit ctrl+d -> youā€™re on the duplicated item without subitems, automatically and always below the original item (and below the tree if original has expanded subitems)
it will be fast, easy and obvious :slight_smile:
If you want to have only one way to duplicate then naturally go with duplicating whole tree.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to have the ability to jump to other items on the same level.

If Iā€™m on the item ā€œTitle Aā€ and I press [my custom shortcut #1] then I will be taken to the beginning of ā€œTitle Bā€. [My custom shortcut #2] should take me up, so I will end at the beginning of ā€œTitle Aā€.
Iā€™d like it to work for items at any level, not only for headers.
I think that it should be limited to jumping only between items with the same parent, it will be more intuitive. So in situation from picture below, when Iā€™m on the ā€œItem Aā€ I can jump with those new shortcuts only between this node and ā€œItem Bā€.

2 Likes

I would really like a shortcut to switch between article view and normal view. Some of my documents are to-do oriented lists of short items (normal view is great for that), while others are reading and study notes, with items as long as various lines of text (article view is much much more comfortable for these). Itā€™s a bit unpractical having to change from one view to the other every time you switch documents.

(An alternative option would be to assign a default view to each document. In fact, that would probably be even better than a shortcut)

4 Likes

I have a similar requirement. Toggling normal/article view would be very helpful.

1 Like

Would definitely appreciate this.

1 Like

I think having the extra ā€œpush back bulletpoint at current positionā€ or ā€œregular shift+tab buttonā€ would be nice to have both options

Also as others suggested:

• Add / remove bookmark on currently edited list
  • Get link of currently edited list

Another good function

those would be nice too

Also, show/hide for checklists, and separate them for crossed out items separately

i would like a REDO command as well (CTRL+SHIFT+Z)

see here

Ctrl+y ?

Toggle hidden/completed

3 Likes

Article vs Normal View

1 Like

That can be done with Alt+C on Windows. Are you on a Mac?

Where can I upvote this feature (Ctrl+Shift+D to duplicate item) :smiley:

Here: Keyboard shortcut to duplicate item

Strikethrough (perhaps some variant that includes ~)

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to have ā€˜Go to the root of the whole documentā€™. IE the beginning of the highest node in the document.

Interesting, first time Iā€™ve heard about this one. Whatā€™s your use case for this?

Can I say that one use would be when wanting to search the document. If you are zoomed in, currently you need to find a way to quickly zoom out to the top in order to do a full document search.

Not sure I understand what you mean. Are you replying to @Nicholas_Mapstoneā€™s comment?

Yes, another case for this ā€œgo to root of documentā€ shortcut is when needing to navigate to another section of the document, especially after having zoomed in.

1 Like

Got it, that makes more sense when read in combination with his comment. Thanks for the explanation!