Web client sometimes incorrectly shows item uncollapsed

Related to: Collapsing item on mobile not getting synced to web

Steps to reproduce

1. Open two web clients (A and B).
  2. In A: Create an item with a child and collapse the item. Make sure these changes are synced to B.
  3. In A: Zoom in to the parent item and delete the child item, then zoom out again. Make sure these changes are synced to B. NOTE: At this step the parent item is childless, but logically itā€™s still collapsed.
  4. In A: Refresh the page.
  5. In B: Zoom into the item and hit enter, allowing you to create a new child item. Zoom out and you should observe the parent item is collapsed.
  6. In A: Wait for it to sync down changes.

Expected result

After step 6 the parent item is collapsed on both client A and client B, as well as for any newly opened clients (i.e. the server state is that the item is collapsed).

Actual result

After step 6 the parent item is uncollapsed on client A but collapsed on client B as well as for any newly opened clients (i.e. the server state is that the item is collapsed). No matter how many times you Ctrl-s client A will never show the item as collapsed.

@Shida This seems like a really straightforward bug: the collapse state for childless items isnā€™t properly synced down when the page is loaded. Hopefully itā€™s an easy fix.

Besides this one problem I havenā€™t observed any collapse state inconsistencies though since the last update! Hopefully this is the only remaining issue.

1 Like

Yup, you are right. I just pushed out a new fix for this.

1 Like