Upper case characters unavoidable

When typing using my magic keyboard into the iPad app, if I try to insert a character into a previously typed word, the app insists on making that character upper case.
For exampLe It just happened in the word “example” at the beginning of this line.
I happens in the online version with safari And even here when I am posting this bug. It happened again on the word “and”.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? IPadOS 13.4
Which browser are you using? Safari
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist? I don’t know where to find that…
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? No

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Sounds like some kind of issue with iOS auto-capitalization gone wrong - we’ve had trouble with this before.

You said it’s happening here when you make this post right? That definitely sounds like an iOS bug and not something that’s specifically wrong with Dynalist’s app. I’m not even sure what the proper channel is to report an iOS bug to apple but I suppose you can look for Apple’s support forums for this issue.

Interesting. I turned off the iPad wide auto capitalization feature edit solve the problem four DL. Interestingly it is not a problem for my standard iOS apps, But on the other hand you guys are doing so much interesting stuff with text. I absolutely love your product…
Tom

Correction: Interesting. I turned off the iPad wide auto capitalization feature AND IT solved the problem for DL. Interestingly it is not a problem for my standard iOS apps, But on the other hand you guys are doing so much interesting stuff with text. I absolutely love your product…
Tom

Sounds like a bug with Safari, since you mention it happens when you type into this forum (which is running a completely different webapp). Not sure when that will get fixed but hopefully Apple is aware.