Tooltip for search bookmark truncated

When you start typing terms for a search, I noticed there is a star icon next to that. However, when you try to hover over it to get a tooltip of what it does, itā€™s obstructed by the suggestion box for global search. You only see ā€œBookmark thisā€.

If you hit Esc at this point to try to close the overlay tooltip, the whole search is canceled.

On a side note, what is the + button next to the star? It has no tooltip and I never noticed it before. Perhaps itā€™s a PowerPack feature? But I never turned on any search-related items there.

If you do go ahead with a global search, the star is there again, though in a different place. This time a different portion of the tooltip is cut off, reading only ā€œark this searchā€.

This happens regardless of zoom level or window size for me.

macOS 10.14.6, MS Edge 79.0.309.71

Itā€™s a known issueā€¦ we just havenā€™t gotten to fix this properly yet. The + button isnā€™t from Dynalist, so if youā€™re using PowerPack, I would assume itā€™s from that.

1 Like

Thanks for catching this!

We have tracked this bug on our todo list, and will fix it as soon as we can! Thanks again for letting us know. Iā€™ll update here when itā€™s fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear itā€™s known! I did search for open issues first, but couldnā€™t find anything. If thereā€™s another one already tracking this, please feel free to close as dupe, but sounds like itā€™s fine.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a dupe. Itā€™s a known bug by us but I donā€™t think it has been reported by anyone :slight_smile:

1 Like