Tag structure for Dynalist (GTD , Zettelkasten and SecondBrain )

To only see my very next actions I add -has:children to the end of my search when I click on the context link.

As you can see here, I have 43 @@PC💻 but only 25 which does not have a child.

Hi Kenneth,

very intersting :slight_smile:

I wonder, where your tasks are placed. Only inside the projects? Is everthing assigned to a project?

Cheers

I have them under each project. With some search magic I can then easily see just my next actions and not be distracted by the tasks I can’t do yet.

If I search for a context and append -has:children I only see the very next action in each project.

20 tasks:

36 tasks

Cool. I have one more question:

Do you tag every item related to a Project with @=Project? Then you have to type a lot of tags for every line, dont you? Or how do you keep assignment of tags to projects while moving items around?

No I only keep them under the project they belong to.

If I need to reference them somewhere else I use [[]] to link to them.

Thank you for your tag system.

I make the list at glance here: https://dynalist.io/d/morU3E81sDakff3IPt80QRHd

2 Likes

Cool. Nice to see others implement their own take on it.

1 Like

Your Runway is a kind of a quicklink section of predefined searches, isnt it?

How does this work? So everthing on the lowest level in your projects outline is a next action?

There are some searches. But mostly just tags which I append with “-has:children” after clicking on them.

Exactly.

Hi togehter,
I am using thie @$Company and @&People for a while. It is working quite well.

The thing is, it is hard to reach @ and $& on a german keyboard. It is kinda crossing fingers needed for several AltGr and Shift usage. This always come into my way.

Do anyone have an idea or suggestion what to use instead?

All the best. :slight_smile:

1 Like