Spell check review

My lists are HUGE. I imported them from workflowy. I’ve copied and pasted a lot of stuff. I go on outline rampages when I’m stoned. It’s a lot of info to have expanded at once to find little red lines (I tried once and my computer was soooo slow).

I think for spell anxiety people like me, a spell check review system would make my work feel even more invested. Like most word processors, I should be able to add words that the system thinks are misspelled to the “dictionary.”

1 Like

If you have everything in one document, we recommend splitting them up a bit. That should make things faster.

Which platform are you using Dynalist on, web, desktop, or mobile? Spell-checker is already on the web app, and you can enable it in Settings - Preferences - Input. Unfortunately it’s not on other platforms yet.

If you have everything in one document, we recommend splitting them up a bit. That should make things faster.

Ya, I have it split up 8 main documents and still fairly organized within them.

Which platform are you using Dynalist on, web, desktop, or mobile? Spell-checker is already on the web app, and you can enable it in Settings - Preferences - Input. Unfortunately it’s not on other platforms yet.

I use mobile and web view; I love the desktop app but the lack of red lines make induces anxiety in me. I have spell checker enabled, but like I said, I’ve imported/pasted tons of spelling errors. A sequence tool like word or google docs is preferable to me rather than finding them as I’m pulling something up for reference.

Thanks for your response!

I see that you’re looking for a sequencing tool, not just a marking tool. I didn’t understand that the first time around.

Unfortunately right now Dynalist is utilizing the built-in spell-checking functionality in browsers, which is why spell-checking is not available on desktop and mobile right now.

Implementing a custom built spell-checker is quite a big project, unfortunately. My best suggestion is that when you want to do a thorough spell checking, use OPML export and review spellings in a dedicated word processing program. After that, you can import back to Dynalist without losing any formatting like color labels.

I hope that helps!