[SOLVED] Windows app: can't create, delete or rename document -- no "synced" status

Steps to reproduce

In the desktop app, try to create or delete or rename a document.
And then sync.

Expected result

New document to be created or deleted

Actual result

The document is created and can be edited but the app won’t sync anymore.
The status “Sync now” appears or the rolling infinity icon or the red status “Can’t sync”.
Can’t log out or close the app (pressing “x”), so have to crash it (task killer).

Environment

Windows 10 + Desktop app (up to date: 1.1.12)

Additional information

Even without creating or deleting a document (ie after crashing the app with task killer), the app doesn’t show the “Synced” status. At most it indicates “Saved”. Although it does sync since I can check the changes (from existing documents) on the mobile app.
And I can logout/relog or close the app.

I believe I started using the folders before this problem appeared.

I believe, prior to that, it has been at least a few days that the syncing icon (infinity symbol) takes forever (with little data modified).

Edit: apparently, renaming a doc from the menu makes the app bug. But when you restart it, the name is the previous one in the menu, but the new one at the top of the document and in the path (if you zoom in a subsection)

Additional comments

:man_shrugging::cry:
Thans for your help!

1 Like

It looks like the local data might have been corrupted somehow.

Could you please try the following, @LCMX :

1. Make sure local data are saved (you can export local unsaved changes to OPML or plain text using the “Export” option in the item menu);
  2. Exit the desktop app;
  3. Delete everything under
  4. Restart the app.

Windows file location: %APPDATA%/Dynalist/dynalist/data​​

That should pull a fresh copy from the server and fix the issue. After that, paste or import the local changes to continue.

Let me know if that fixes it!

1 Like

Thank you @Thao, that solved the problem! :metal:
And thanks for the fast help. :pray:

I believe the ‘corruption’ occured when I created folders and moved doc under these.

All good now :slight_smile:
I can create folders, rename docs, delete them, etc.

1 Like