I was doing some import in Dynalist, through some OPML format files, exported from Workflowy & some Mindmapping softwares i have.
The problem is that the hyperlinks appear into parenthesis, but not embedded in the URL description text, which are not into brackets in an OPML 2.0 file:
"URL description text (http:www.example.com)" instead of
"[URL description text](http:www.example.com)"
For now i found kind of a solution :
- Copy/paste all the exported OPML code into an online OPML viewer
- Make it “Beautify”, to make it neater, and Copy/Paste all into Sublime (if, as i do, you don’t know how to do it directly into Sublime )
- If the code is in OPML 1.0
** Replace all
" type="link" url="by
** Put all the URLs into parenthesis, by text selecting them and then press the key to open a parenthesis (
5in Mac OS)
- Otherwise, just put all the URL Description Text into brackets, by text selecting them & then press the keys to open a bracket (
Opt/Alt + Shift/Maj + 5in Mac OS)
- Finally, Copy/paste all the code into the Dynalist document you want, and ii should normally work (it did for me).
Now my question is :
- Could it be possible to do the same kind of shortcut bracket/parenthesis formatting, described above, but directly into Dynalist ?
** Is there a markdown shortcut i could use in Dynalist but which i am unaware of ?
** Could it be manageable with some CSS Custom code to add ?
** Any other tips, advices or solutions ?
This could save a lot of time to users, i guess, especially to those who are migrating content from other platforms into Dynalist, as i am doing right now.
Thanks in advance & have a good One !
PS: I put this topic into help, but if ever there is actually no solution to this matter in Dynalist, don’t hesitate to classify it into #features finally. It could be in the same flavor of shortcut than the bold, italics, strikethrough, code & LaTex, as they all apply that formatting onto selected text already.